1st EOS Conference on Optofluidics (EOSOF 2011)
ptical devices which incorporate liquids as a fundamental part of the structure can be traced as far back as the 18th century where rotating pools of mercury were put forth as a simple technique to create smooth spherical mirrors for use in reflecting telescopes. The evolution of modern microfluidics has enabled the development of a present day equivalent of such devices centered on the marriage of fluidics and optics which has come to be known as Optofluidics. EOSOF 2011 is held under the umbrella of the WORLD OF PHOTONICS CONGRESS 2011 (22 - 26 May 2011). The submission system is now open! Submit your contribution by 5 January!
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Microfluidic lasers
- Fluid-fluid waveguides
- Microfluidically tuned optical fiber and interferometers
- Fluid paper
- High resolution in-chip lensless microscopy
- Optical and photonic tweezers
- High sensitivity biomolecular sensor platforms
- and specific application areas: reconfigurable photonics, energy application of optofluidics, novel display technologies, biomedical optofluidics
More information as well as the final call for papers is available at www.myeos.org/events/eosof2011.
Deadline for submitting abstracts: 5 January 2011
Where to submit? www.myeos.org
How to submit? www.myeos.org/events/abstractsubmission