Plasmonics and Nano-Optics
The working group 'Plaslmonics and Nano-Optics' aims at bringing together a community that is naturally spread over many different disciplines such as physics, engineering, chemistry, and biology, with the goal of fostering new discussions and collaborations in the field of plasmonics and nano-optics. Its creation followed the very successfull organization of the first three national workshops on plasmonics that took place in Milano in 2013, Roma in 2014, and Padova in 2015, each one hosting more than 100 participants.
The group is now officially a 'working group' inside the Italian Society of Optics and Photonics (SIOF). The objective of the group is to develop and consolidate a common substrate of the different disciplines interested in plasmonics and nano-optics, coordinate the organization of events (workshops, schools, and so on), facilitate personnel exchange and scientific collaborations, with a special emphasis on applications.
You can also contact the elected members of the steering committee:
- Michele Ortolani, Sapienza Università di Roma, michele.ortolani(at)roma1.infn.it
- Carlo Forestiere, Università Federico II di Napoli, carlo.forestiere(at)unina.it
- Stefania D’Agostino, IIT Lecce, Stefania.DAgostino(at)iit.it
- Andrea Baldi, DIFFER Eindhoven, a.baldi(at)differ.nl
- Maria Caterina Giordano, Università di Genova, giordano(at)fisica.unige.it